Wednesday, May 7, 2008

First road trip with the little princess!!




After 3 weeks of parenting practice, we decided it was time for a road trip. I was a little overwhelmed with work projects so I put everything on a brief hold and we left for Sedona on Monday. Our first stop was Alcanterra Winery near Cottonwood; their wines are outstanding and we bought a bottle of Viongier.










Julie's dream is to own a winery one day. From talking to the winemakers, though, the reality is that it is a money pit and you'd better not quit your day job. Later in the summer, though, this winery will be harvesting and they invite (beg) their friends and patrons to come help pick grapes. We're going to join in the fun; I guess that could be the next best thing to owning a winery. I'll photograph the whole event, of course.



After we checked in to the condo we went to Oak Creek Brewery for dinner and microbrew or two.








Next day we went to the Javelina Leap winery near Page Springs. Very cute tasting room and I really liked their red Zinfandel so I bought a bottle.










On to Flagstaff; Sedona got boring pretty fast. Everything shuts down around 9pm; Flagstaff has a lot more action and even cooler climate. We stayed at the historic Monte Vista downtown; pet friendly for Rico!







I have another new lens for my camera so I'm going to walk around downtown while my girls take a much-needed nap. More pics to come!

No comments: