Thursday, July 9, 2009

Ft Lauderdale photo job/family vacation

We recently returned from a great gig in Florida where I was hired by the National PTA to cover their national convention. This was the 4th straight year I've worked with them and they are a really fun client. We went a few days early to have a little family vacation time since we had a timeshare to take advantage of. My mom and dad drove out from Mississippi and we had a great time despite the heavy rain every single day.









One day Julie and I went snorkeling. I didn't want to bring my camera and she asked if one of those disposable underwater cameras would be good. I've used them before and thought they were a total waste of money so I told her "you'll get better results if I just draw you a picture." So I did:



I don't want to brag but that is WAY better!


We also went on an airboat ride through the everglades; another occasion when I didn't want to bring my good camera gear since it was so rainy. I shot these with our little Canon.









Finally, these are my favorites, I really wanted a beach shot of Mom and Dad as well as a good family shot. I lugged my gear down to the beach along with an extra flash on a stand so I could have a nice two-light setup. It was hard keeping the sand off of everything.








Harley Bonham Photography
www.harleybonham.com

No comments: