Friday, December 28, 2007

Christmas Pet Shoot

I spent a few hours photographing dogs on a Saturday before Christmas at PAWS salon in old town Scottsdale; what a blast! The owner, Tracy, brought in Santa and I photographed 17 people's dogs with him after they were groomed. I did a photo shoot for Tracy and her dogs in October and I'm framing a couple of prints for her store walls. I used two White Lightning strobes bounced into umbrellas and the pictures came out perfect; many happy dog owners! I love working with dogs except when one almost used my camera bag for a fire hydrant! Moved it just in time; I'll be more careful next time!











Working with dogs has its own unique challenges. For example, this guy was more interested in playing with Santa's hat than posing; he finally settled down. The key with dogs is shooting at high speed so you catch those fleeting moments.





1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's one brave Santa!!!
nice job on these Harley! I especially like the shot of the little guy just at Santa's feet. Nice creative thinking there!
-diane